Friday, June 8, 2018

Stampin' Up! Pretty Kitty

Stampin' Up! Pretty Kitty for The Paper Players Challenge


When I saw this challenge on the Paper Players blog  I wasn't sure I would try it. Our new 2018 catalog has so many amazing stamp sets featuring animals and I had not ordered any of them yet. When I decided to give it a try I pulled every stamp set I own that have  animals in them and laid them on the table.

  I decided to use Pretty Kitty because I love the adorable little kitty and I really wanted to put one in the umbrella. I saw a card on Pinterest that had a kitty in an umbrella. Unfortunately, I waited so long to try it after I saw it that the Weather Together stamp set and matching frame-lits have retired.  But I  just could not  get the idea out of my mind so here it is....


I had to play around with a couple of techniques before I was satisfied with the way it looked. I tried a solid colored umbrella in the new gorgeous grape but quickly realized it was to plain.

 I played around with some masking techniques and finally decided to fussy cut the pretty kitty and die-cut the umbrella handle. I did a watercolor wash with pool party on the watercolor paper.Then I  stamped the kitty in the flower pot image in Memento Tuxedo black, after the water color wash had thoroughly dried. I used Stampin' Up! Blends Alcohol Ink markers to color all my images. For the sentiment, I used a Stampin' marker to ink the stamp because I only wanted one line of the sentiment on the card front


 My kitty  and the umbrella are popped up with some dimensionals. 


 I added some Wink Of Stella clear glitter to the flowers and the kitty's ears to make the colors pop a little bit.


For the inside , I stamped the second line of the sentiment  and added some strips of Designers Series Paper(DSP) from the Share What You Love DSP package

If you would like to see more cards using this sketch, there are over 50 entries in this challenge at 


Thank You for visiting my blog. 


If you do not have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator I would love to help you with all your Stampin' needs. 

Happy Stampin'





2 comments:

  1. This is utterly adorable! I love the way you've got that kitten peeking out fo the umbrella. You've used your stamps so creatively. The pieced umbrella is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, this is just adorable! I'm a cat lover, so I think your little kitty peeking out of the umbrella is just the cutest. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete