I completed the first challenge today and here it is:
The challenge was based off this poem
Whether the weather be fine Or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold Or whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather Whatever the weather, Whether we like it or not.
~Anonymous British poet
We were challenged to make a card representing your LEAST favorite weather condition. My least favorite weather condition is rain, especially cold,dreay rainy days
I posted my card in the Splitcoaststampers and I wrote a recipe for the card on TAMS
- Score the Smokey Slate card-stock at 4 1/4 inches while in the portrait position and then turn to the landscape position and cut at 5 1/2. You will have 2 card bases. You can cut the clouds for the spare one or save it for later and find some scrap to punch the clouds.
- Stamp two clouds using Basic Gray ink on Smokey Slate card-stock and then punch them out using the Tree Builder punch. Wipe the bottom edge with a little bit of the Encore silver ink. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp the grass with Pear Pizzazz and the tree with Crumb Cake onto the Whisper white card-stock. Stamp the tree slightly to the left side.
- Stamp the raindrops onto the top of the whisper white card-stock with Versa Mark and then sprinkle with white emboss powder and heat emboss with the heat tool.
- Sponge Soft Sky Ink from the top of the Whisper White paper till you reach the grass. Use a light touch and be sure to start the sponging off the paper so you don't get hard lines.
- Stamp the sentiment in Smokey Slate.
- Adhere the Whisper White to the card base with dimensionals. Put dimensionals on the clouds and adhere. Be sure the silver ink on the clouds is dry before putting them on the card.
Post a Comment