Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Stampin' Up! Weather Together

Stampin' Up! Weather Together 

April Showers Bring May Flowers


I think everyone has heard it. Usually, on a rainy day, someone will say April Showers Bring May Flowers. But it is not really about gardening. It's a reminder that sometimes we have to go through difficult or unpleasant things to get to the beauty. 

This saying inspired my card. I do not have a sentiment stamp with the saying so I wanted to create a card that evoked the memory of it.

I started with the umbrella. I didn't just want to stamp it. I want to stamp in on Designers Series paper(DSP) so that it would have a pretty background. I have never been someone who carries a solid color umbrella. If I need to use an umbrella, I want it to be bright and cheery


I  tried out several different frame-lits for the flowers before I found one that I liked. I die cut 4 different colors for the flowers. I choose colors that coordinated with the DSP. It's easy to do that because Stampin' Up! puts the colors that they designed the DSP to coordinate with on the back of the paper package and in the catalog description of the paper.  I put a pearl on each flower to give them a little extra dimension and because I like the bling!

Thank You for visiting my Blog

If you would like to create this card there is supply list below. The Weather Together Stamp set is on the 2018 retiriment list. If you love this stamp set and frame-lits you'll want to order it now before supplies run out.
Happy Stampin' 
Stampin' Up Products Used to create this card:
Bloomin' Heart Thinlits Dies
[140621]
$25.00
RETIRING 

No comments:

Post a Comment