Thursday, March 22, 2018

Stampin' Up! Masculine Cards

Quick and Easy Masculine Cards

Sometimes you need a card quick.
Here is an easy way to make a stack of cards quickly.

I needed some masculine themed Thank You notes for my son to send to people who had helped him on his Journey to Eagle.

I knew I could whip out a stack by starting with the True Gentleman Designer Series Paper(DSP)
This incredible masculine themed paper is part of the True Gentleman Suite of products in the Stampin' Up! Occasions 2018 catalog.The darker colors and clean, unfussy,  graphics make it perfect for the masculine cards

Stampin' Up! makes it so easy to coordinate your cards. On the back of every pack of DSP is a list of the Stampin' Up! cardstock that the DSP coordinates with

I spread out the DSP and make sure I have a piece of each side showing since this wonderful paper is double-sided. Then I put some of the suggested cardstock on top of the pile to help me make a quick color decision. I know no matter which one I choose it will coordinate beautifully.


Once I decide on the cardstock, I cut and score 2-4 pieces of cardstock so that I will have 4-8 card bases and then I cut the DSP to 4" by 5" ¼  sheets.
Next, I stamp a bunch of sentiments in coordinating ink and die cut some cardstock to go behind the layers. Stampin' Up! Layering Oval Framelits make this so easy.


Then I play around with the papers by trying different colors and moving the basic elements around.
I save the scrap from when I cut the paper and use them as embellishments.
 I used the Ticket Tear Border punch for this one.
 If I don't have a long enough strip of DSP, No Problem. Since you can't see behind the sentiment I cut the paper in half and put the sentiment on top of it.
I used some dimensionals to pop some of the pieces up and assemble the cards.


If you want to spend a little more time on them to increase the WOW factor you could always:

  • Ink the edges of the paper that the sentiment is stamped on
  • add some rhinestone
  • add a small knot bow using twine
  • used copper foil paper instead of cardstock under the sentiment.
I use this same method for creating a stack of quick and easy cards anytime I am short on time and need a card. I make one to send and 3-7 to go in my card box for future use.

If you love this paper. Don't wait to order i.t It's in the Occasions 2018 catalog and will retire on May 31,2018 or while supplies last. Since  Father's Day is coming it is going to go quick!

All the products I used can be purchased in my Stampin' Up! store just click on the product link. And if you place an order before March 31,2018 you will be able to choose a FREE item from the exclusive Sale-A-Bration 2018 items if your order is $50 USD before tax and shipping!
Thanks for visiting my blog 
Happy Stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment