Thursday, March 22, 2018

Stampin'Up! Weather Together for Challenge PP385

PP385 - A Clean-and-Simple Challenge



When I saw this week's challenge at The Paper Players I was seriously regretting that the Sunshine and Rainbows bundle from the Occasions 2018 catalog was still on my wishlist and not in my craft room. Especially since my daughter repeatedly suggested that I get it. But then I reminded myself that I have been doing the challenges to help me try new ideas and think outside the box. And this one definitely challenged me since I had no rainbow stamps of die cuts.

A rainbow has 7 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. So I pulled out all my inks and lined them up
I searched through all my stamps for a rainbow element and decided on the umbrellas from the Weather Together stamp set because it usually rains before you see a rainbow. I colored some umbrellas in the rainbow colors and then I decided they needed to be heat embossed for the black to stand out a little

I had no sentiments that fit so I opened up Word™ and typed in a favorite saying. I played around with the colors a little bit so they would match the Stampin' Up! colors. I used a  hex code list that I found on Pinterest. It was made by Natalie Lapakko If you would like to get your own chart you can by visiting her blog 


For the background, I used my aqua painter and ink to do a wash on watercolor paper. Then, I stamped raindrops with Versamark and heat embossed with white Stampin' Emboss Powder. The top rainbow only had 3 sections to it so I used my journaling pen to add a few more.
I think it came together very nicely and I enjoyed the challenge of creating a rainbow card when I had no rainbow stamps or die cuts. If you like to see some of the other challenge cards, just head on over to 

All the products I used are available in my Stampin' store, Just click on the item interest you.

Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00



Thank You for visiting  my blog.
Happy Stampin'

2 comments:

  1. Brenda... love your rainbows in the umbrellas and the background! Thanks you for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job using the materials and tools at hand! Love that our challenge inspired you to create this fabulous rainbow card without using any rainbow stamps...great job! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete