Sunday, April 22, 2018

Stampin' Up! Sharing Sweet Thoughts

Color Throwdown Countdown 489


 As soon as I saw this challenges I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to use the Sharing Sweet Thoughts stamp set. Sharing Sweet Thoughts is the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Set in the 2017/2018 Stampin' UP! annual catalog. When you purchase this set Stampin' Up! will donate $3 to RMHC.
I received this set as Happy Mail for winning a challenge in my uplines group, The Proverbial Stampers. One of the best benefits of being a Stampin' Up demo is getting to be in such a great community of creative stampers. This is my first time using the set and it just a few weeks it will be going because it is retiring.
This is my first time participating in a challenge at The Color Throwdown.I love the bright, vibrant colors in the color throwdown photo! 

This stamp set has so many possibilities. I decide to go with a mason jar full of strawberries because the throwdown photo had me drooling. I would love to have a big glasses of strawberry lemonade.
I started by stamping the mason jar with Jet Black Stazon Ink onto a window sheet. It's important to use Stazon because it is a solvent ink. If you use a water-based ink it will not dry and it will smear.
After the ink dried, I used the coordinating frame-lit die to cut out the jar. I also stamped and cut a lid is several colors but I liked the Lemon-Lime Twist the best.
I stamped the strawberries with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink because I wanted to color the berries with the Stampin' Blends alcohol ink markers. You should always use Memento with the blends because if you use the Stazon the combination of solvent ink and alcohol markers will make a muddy mess.
For the bow on the lid, I put a glue dot on the back of the lid and wrapped it with linen thread. Instead of trying to tie a bow on the lid. I made the bow separately and attached it with a glue dot that I rolled into a small ball.
If  you would like to see other cards made with these colors, head on over to 
Thank You for visiting my blog. If you would like to CASE this card there is a supply list below. Just remember Sharing Sweet Thoughts is retiring so you will want to order quickly before it is sold out.


Thank You

Happy Stampin'


Stampin' Up! products used to create this card:


Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad
Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad
[101406]
$9.00
Available June 1,2018
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

1 comment:

  1. Love that sweet jar of strawberries and those butterflies! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete