Monday, April 23, 2018

Stampin' Up! Tranquil Tulips

Tranquil Tulips for CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #268

I love the color combination in this week's color challenge #268 at CAS Colours & Sketches.
This combination just screams SPRING to me! And I am so ready for spring. Real Spring! The calender here in Maryland may say it's officially spring but Mother Nature has other ideas. I am so done with cold,windy and even snowy days.  So this challenge is perfect for bringing a little bit of spring into my craft room.

I decide to use the retiring hostess set, Tranquil Tulips. I have been playing around with it  a bit as I try out my Stamparatus. I am loving them both!

I decided to make a frame to highlight the tulips. I made it by die cutting a scalloped oval first and then die-cutting the scalloped  oval with a oval frame-lit.
I used some Tombow Multi Purpose Liquid glue to adhere the frame . I used the same oval that I used to cut the center out of the frame to cut the whole in the center of my card base.
Tranquil Tulips is a two step stamp. I stamp the solid image first with the Daffodil Delight and then stamped the more detail image in the same color. The Tulips are stamped on a scalloped square that I die cut and positioned at an angle so the tulip fit and showed out of the window. 
I did not stamp a sentiment on the inside yet because I am waiting till I decided to send it. It may be a birthday card or it may be a thank you note.The outside sentiment is appropriate for either.

If you would like to see other card created with this color combo head on over to CAS Colours & Sketches  

Thank You for visiting my blog. 

Happy Stampin'

Stampin' Up! Product used to create this card:



Stamparatus
[146276]
$49.00
Available June 1, 2018

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful spring card. I love how you have framed the tulips. Wonderful use of the challenge colours and lovely to see you joining in on the fun at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete