Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Stampin' Up! Sentiments

Where is the sentiment?


 If you are like me you have piles of beautiful cards just waiting to be sent but when you need a card quick you don't have one with the right sentiment.
When this happens to me it is almost always a sympathy card. You never know when you are going to need one and unfortunately, when it rains it pours. I rarely run out of birthday or thank you cards. but sympathy cards I never seem to have enough of them.

Sometimes when I make a card I don't have a specific person in mind to send it to. I just want to play with a certain stamp set or try a new technique, so I stamp them with the sentiments I use most which are Happy Birthday and Thank you.  I also use Thinking of you a lot because it can be used for all most all occasions.



However, If you want to make sure you always have a card when you need it there are several ways to handle this.
  1. You can always cover over the sentiment you have on a card with the Happy Mistake technique that I demonstrator on my YouTube video  Quick Tip #6 Happy Mistake 
  2.          You can leave the sentiment off until you need the card

Method #2 works great if you do not have a lot of layers and texture. If you have lots of layering you may not be able to get a good impression 

When I made the card above I left plenty of space at the bottom to stamp a sentiment when I need it.

I have the texture that I created with the Fluttering Textured Impression Embossing Folder and the dimension of the free-floating butterfly but below them is a nice flat space just waiting for a sentiment to be stamped.


I created the butterfly by stamping the image with Versamark and heat embossing it with Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder. I colored it with Stampin' Blends Alcohol Ink Markers and fussy cut it.
I used glue dots on the underside of the butterflies abdomen so the wings stayed loose because I wanted it to look like it is ready to fly off the card.

Thank You for stopping by. If you would like to try any of the products I used to make this card a complete product list is below. 

Happy Stampin' 


Stampin' Up! Products used to create this card:
Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25


No comments:

Post a Comment